VRS for International Travel

You can use Sorenson video relay service during travel outside of the U.S. if you fulfill FCC requirements 

Leaving the country and want to use Sorenson Relay while abroad?

We’ve got you covered.

Here’s what you need to know:

To meet FCC requirements, Sorenson Relay customers who plan to travel outside of the United States and who want access to video relay service (VRS) while traveling, need to pre-register their travel dates and the names of the countries where they will travel. The information must be submitted at least one (1) day before leaving the United States. The trip voucher is for one (1) year (365 days) or less. Use the form below to start the pre-registration process.

If the return date on the form is longer than one year from the departure date, Sorenson will approve the travel for one year. To extend access beyond one year, Sorenson will need an approval email from the FCC.

If your travel will last longer than one year, you will need to contact the FCC to extend your International Travel Waiver. The FCC may be contacted on the ASL VP line at 844-432-2275 or by emailing DRO@fcc.gov.

If you leave the country before pre-registering with Sorenson, you need to contact the FCC to get the International Travel Waiver and send it to Sorenson before using Sorenson Relay while out of the country.

Need help?

If you have questions or need help completing this form, contact Sorenson Customer Care through VP by dialing 611 or 1-801-386-8500 from your ntouch® device.

Sorenson Video Relay Service® (SVRS®) is a service for the Deaf community paid for by the U.S. government’s Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS) fund.