VRS for International Travel
If you meet the FCC requirements, you can use Sorenson video relay service while traveling outside the United States
You Can Use Sorenson Relay While Abroad
Just a Few Notes and You’re On Your Way
Here’s what you need to know:
- To meet FCC requirements, Sorenson Relay customers who plan to travel outside of the United States and who want access to video relay service (VRS) while traveling, must pre-register their travel dates and the names of the countries where they will travel.
- You must submit the information at least one day before leaving the United States.
- The trip voucher is for one year (365 days) or less. Use the form below to start the pre-registration process.
- If the return date on the form is longer than one year from the departure date, Sorenson will approve the travel for one year.
- To extend access beyond one year, Sorenson needs an approval email from the FCC. Contact the FCC to extend your International Travel Waiver on the FCC videophone at 844-432-2275 or send an email to [email protected].
- If you leave the country before pre-registering with Sorenson, contact the FCC to get the International Travel Waiver and send it to Sorenson before using Sorenson Relay while out of the country.
Sorenson Video Relay Service® (SVRS®) is a service for the Deaf community paid for by the U.S. government’s Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS) fund.