Sorenson Call Captioning Training for Staff
Sorenson’s solutions allow you to meet patients’ needs by providing ways they can better use the telephone. Every person in your office can help identify a good fit for these services:
How to engage patients about call captioning eligibility:
- Do you have a hard time hearing on the phone?
- Do you have to ask people to repeat themselves regularly on the phone?
- Do you avoid answering the phone or ask others to make calls for you?
CaptionCall by Sorenson and our mobile app are simple tools to understand phone calls better.
- The CaptionCall service includes our captioning home phone
- It works just like a regular phone
- It has a large screen with big text for easy reading
- There’s a speaker phone function
- You can customize the audio for your hearing
- The mobile app allows you to take captions everywhere you go
- Read clear, instant captions just like a text conversation
- A customizable interface lets you set up text size and colors to suit your preferences
Refer to your demo CaptionCall phone or offer a brochure
A professional can refer the CaptionCall phone at no cost to the user with hearing loss that necessitate the need for captioning to communicate effectively on the phone
- CaptionCall is part of a federal program that provides captioning service for people with hearing loss who need captions to use the phone effectively
- A professional CaptionCall Trainer will personally deliver, install and activate the CaptionCall service and phone. They will teach you how to use the service and phone, free of charge
- Let them know that CaptionCall will contact them within two business days to schedule their installation
- Verify the patient needs captions to use the phone effectively because of their hearing loss
- Verify the patient has a home phone line or an Internet connection if they want a CaptionCall phone
- Offer to help them request no-cost Sorenson call captioning service and phone
- Complete their referral form before they leave your office
“Every physician’s office that caters to the senior population should offer CaptionCall to their patients. Not only has it helped our patients in their personal lives, but it has helped our staff communicate via phone with our hard of hearing patients much more effectively.”
CaptionCall is available in the United States ONLY. FEDERAL LAW PROHIBITS ANYONE BUT REGISTERED USERS WITH HEARING LOSS FROM USING INTERNET PROTOCOL (IP) CAPTIONED TELEPHONES WITH THE CAPTIONS TURNED ON. IP captioned telephone service may use a live operator. The operator generates captions of what the other party to the call says. These captions are then sent to your phone. There is a cost for each minute of captions generated, paid from a federally administered fund. No costs are passed along to individuals who qualify for the service. The CaptionCall phone remains the property of CaptionCall in order to provide ongoing support, service, and upgrades. ©2022 CaptionCall, LLC. All rights reserved. Patent information: www.Sorenson.com/Legal. CaptionCall and the spiral mark are registered trademarks of CaptionCall, LLC.